Active Life Audiology, Inc., DBA Active Life Hearing (“ALH” “we” or “us”) is firmly committed to protecting your privacy. You should understand what we do with personal information we collect when you visit this website (https://www.activelifehearing.us/) to which this ALH Website Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) applies (Site). The data controller for personal information collected from a visitor to the Site is Active Life Audiology, Inc., 8903 Glades Road A14, Boca Raton, Florida, 33434 United States of America. Notice.
We may supplement this Privacy Notice to address specific situations. All supplemental notices should be read together with this Privacy Notice.
How we collect your personal information
We may collect the following personal information relating to you:
You do not need to register to use the Site. However, if you submit your personal information to our Site in order to receive information from us (e.g., copies of white papers, hearing health information, or remote telecare, or to attend web sessions organized by us, or if you contact us using the forms or contact details our Site
We sometimes collect anonymous information from visits to the Site. Anonymous information (or click stream data) refers to information that does not and will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity, e.g., aggregated data relating to all of our website visitors. We may use this data to analyze trends and statistics and to help us provide you with a better experience using our Site.
If you provide us with personal information of third parties (such as the details of your relatives, guardian, assistant or your emergency contact), you agree to: (a) notify each individual before sharing their personal information with us, (b) explain that their personal information will be processed in accordance with this Privacy Notice, and (c) obtain their consent, where appropriate.
Why we need to collect your personal information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we use your personal information for various purposes, such as to:
- Provide you with the products, services and information that you have requested, including providing copies of white papers, hearing health information, or remote telecare.
- Manage and maintain our relationship with you, including responding to an inquiry, question or comment made by you and providing you with other customer support.
- Allow you to participate in an event organized or promoted by us and/or our business partners.
- Communicate important notices to you, such as information about changes to this Privacy Notice, our Site, and service updates.
- Carry out analytics and market research and internal reporting to enable us to plan, develop and improve our Site, our products, services and marketing activities. (For example, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Site, to refine the Site based on which features people use most often, to help identify Site users (such as you) and gather general demographic information about Site users).
- Inform you of our new products, services and events that we think you will find valuable by sending promotional messages via email, SMS, phone, post and/or other similar communications means. (If you would prefer not to receive these communications, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions on the promotional communications that you receive or contact us as described below).
- Create a profile about you to help us personalize our communications to you, including to ensure that you receive relevant marketing communications based on your actions on a particular Site or your geographic location based on your IP address.
- Prevent and detect unlawful behavior, and protect or enforce our legal rights, for example defending us in case of legal disputes.
To whom we give you personal information
We will not sell your personal information to anyone outside the ALH. However, we may need to disclose your personal information to third parties in the following instances:
- Your Doctor
- Individuals you have named in a medical information release
- Hearing Instrument Manufacturers: We will disclose your personal information to our Hearing Instrument Manufacturers if it is necessary for providing products and services to you, such as for certain software and related services.
- Third parties in connection with a business sale: If we make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business/asset transfer, we may transfer your personal information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Other third parties with your consent: We may also share your personal information with other third parties when you separately consent to such sharing.
How long we retain your personal information
Your personal information will be retained only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice in accordance with applicable laws, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements.
How we protect your personal information
ALH implements appropriate security measures designed to prevent unlawful or unauthorized processing of personal information and accidental loss of or damage to personal information. The data collected via our Site is stored in a secure server with our ISP who will take periodic backups of such data.
Children's Privacy Protection
The Site is not intentionally targeted to, or intended for, children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Controlling your personal information
If you would like to exercise your right to modify or remove your personal information from our database or request a copy of your personal information (to the extent these rights are provided by law), you can send us an e-mail at mailto:[email protected]. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will respond as soon as reasonably practicable and within the time frame specified by applicable law. We reserve the right to deny your request based on applicable law and will inform you if we do so.
Links and Third Parties
The Site contains links to other websites, including sites controlled by third parties independent of us. ALH is not responsible for the privacy practices or the contents of such websites. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of such websites before providing any personal information to them. We do not take responsibility for the opinions of third parties expressed on or through our Site.
Any questions, concerns or complaints about our processing operations and our commitment to this Privacy Notice should be addressed to ALH at mailto:[email protected]. In addition to contacting us, in certain countries you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority if you so choose.
You can also write to us at:
Active Life Audiology, Inc.,
8903 Glades Road A14,
Boca Raton, Florida, 33434